Thursday 2 February 2012

The Best Cream for Dry Skin on your Hands and Feet



I returned from a trip to Malawi in Africa only a few weeks ago. I was back in the UK for just a few days when I noticed that already my skin was changing. It suddenly went from being soft and supple to becoming dry, particularly on my hands and feet. 

The winter months in cold climates can play havoc with the skin, especially on those parts of the body that are exposed to the winter elements. So, I realised that I had to step-up my skincare routine and concentrate more on keeping my hands and feet well nourished and protected with especially formulated dry skin products.

There are 4 winter nourishing oils that I simply adore as they keep your skin soft and hydrated throughout the year, especially during the harsh winter months. These oils are found in almost all of Thea Skincare products as they are excellent moisturisers for the face, body, hands and feet. They work really well in a cream for dry skin that can be applied to hands, feet, elbows and anywhere else that needs some TLC.


Coconut oil is one of my favourite oils - it's just great for all types of skin. It's a safe solution for preventing dry and flaking skin, plus it helps to delay wrinkles and the sagging of skin which become more pronounced with age. Coconut oil can also be used to treat skin problems such as psoriasis and, of course, in dry skin care products. It's a perfect all round skincare oil.

Jojoba oil is another favourite of mine which is a very underrated dry skin care oil because it's fabulous for all round moisturising of the skin. Jojoba oil is very close in composition to the skin's natural oil which makes it one of the most effective moisturisers around, as it spreads and absorbs really well.

Another oil I have began to love is neem oil. I only discovered neem oil a few years ago but now that I know more about it I can see why it's referred to as the cocoa and Shea butter of the East - it's an excellent moisturiser, high in Vitamin E and rich in natural emollients and fatty acids which makes it the perfet moisturiser for soothing dry skin products and for treating cracked skin, especially on the heels.

Finally, another great oil which is brilliant for massage as well as in natural skin care products is grapeseed oil which is a light but effective oil that is excellent for massage and skincare products.




The Thea Skincare Nourishing Hands & Feet Duo combines all 4 of these wonderfully rich oils with many more nourishing ingredients, to create an ultra-hydrating cream for dry skin for your feet, and one for your hands too. It's the ultimate wintertime treat!

Using natural dry skin care products with rich oils will help you to maintain healthy, nourished, hydrated skin throughout the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment